Jeri, as it is affectionately known by the inhabitants, is a beach paradise where you will find much peace and intact nature. Beaches, dunes, lakes, strong winds during much of the year...all of which still have the original natural characteristics, make part since 1984 of environmental protection by Federal Governmet that comprehends the whole ecological complex.
But what makes the National Park so special?
Jericoacoara beach has many reasons to be considered a little paradise. The place is formed by wonderful scenery that together transform Jeri into a very beautiful combination, harmonious and impassioned. Not a place just to enjoy, is to feel. The intense contact with nature the National Park, and the feeling of freedom that transmits the place where every place is so magical, and no type of restriction exists, will mark Jericoacoara forever in your memory.
What to expect from Jericoacoara?
If you are the type of person who is accustomed to travel to enjoy the places with much comfort and various services for tourists, likely that Jericoacoara National Park is not the place for you. But if you want to know a place with great beauty, with a constant contact with nature, then without a doubt this is your paradise. Tip: Reserve more days than you plan, they will need to know everything in Jeri: most visitors end up delaying their departure, either because they perceive that much remains to be seen or because they want to enjoy more of this place so unique and unforgettable.
What to do in Jericoacoara?
Jericoacoara offers many activities and attractions for your leisure. Hiking along the beach to the Pedra Furada, trips by horse and buggy for the region until the lakes of Jijoca and Tatajuba beach, ride a quad, sandboard, windsurfing and kitesurfing lessons with qualified instructors and enjoy the beautiful night of Jericoacoara with is magical energy. There are touristic countless scenaries to meet in Jericoacoara, sometimes it's hard to believe that they are so different and are so close to each other.
Check what Jericoacoara offers:
- A stunning natural environment, unique, hard to forget.
- Good restaurants, charming and sophisticated, a true gastronomic tour through the brazilian, french, italian and japanese kitchens...(Be sure to try the banana cake, sold on the streets by the natives of Jeri).
- Several lodging options with hotels and accommodations near the central beach of Jericoacoara and others farther but with good services and much more quiet.
- A beautiful night due to total absence of illumination by the laws of the National Park, with the sky full of stars and a spectacular moon. Craft shops, bars, restaurants, good people and night local like Mama Africa, Planet Jeri and Sky at the end of main street in Jericoacoara (Rua Principal).
- A people very open, joyous, free and relaxed in a culture of former brazilian fishing village.